Caroline Springs Before you commence any renovations or make any property purchasing decisions -engage in Melbourne’s most prominent building house inspections center situated at Caroline springs as we with our dedicated team of pre-purchase building inspections identify the following components:
- Investigate all structural building defects including cracks to walls
- Perform a building and pest inspections test identifying the presence of termites using infrared technology and moisture meters
- If you require a quote for a building renovation we are the experts as well, we can help to provide free advice, we are registered with the VBA
DO I NEED A BUILDER FOR A BUILDING RENOVATION As most bathroom renovations projects are over the sum of $10,000 the answer is Yes you do especially if you are thinking of demolishing a wall or adding a wall as these involve a professional builder in analyzing whether these are achievable. Extensions and renovations costing more than $10.000 require a major domestic building contract as per the victorian building authority guidelines. The builder is also required to provide domestic building insurance for any work that’s over $16,000 to cover the client in the event the builder disappears or becomes insolvent.
The builder must also provide a certificate of currency for the insurance before they can make a deposit and start building works or start any building maintenance If you are wanting to knock down a wall and other renovation work on your property then our trades person requires to be registered with the Victorian Building Authority and a building permit will be required. Many builders or tradespeople will ask you to sign a building permit as an owner-builder as they are trying to hide their legal responsibilities and if you do you may end up paying a lot more in the end, just beware. So many clients have hired contractors or trades to conduct building renovations on their property only to find out when there is a problem that the person that they employed was not registered and that legally they were not allowed to start any building works. Bathroom renovations typically will require combined services of a number of trades ie: A cabinet maker. A carpenter. A painter. An Electrician. A tiler All the above trades are required to be licensed with the victorian building authority A good bathroom renovation builder will be happy to help with your bathroom design and make suggestions to stay within your budget
- Contracts for the work MUST be in writing. Contracts must contain all the terms, conditions and provisions of the agreement, show the date and be signed by both parties. An oral agreement is not sufficient to comply with the Act
- Before a home building work contract is signed by the owner, the Act requires the builder to provide the owner with a copy of the ‘Notice for the Home Owner’, which summarises the requirements of the Act
Whether you want a building renovation or advice on knocking down a wall or creating your dream kitchen and new bathroom renovations then give George a call -we are the professional building/inspection experts throughout all suburbs Melbourne.